(Senior) Expert Stewardship (m|w|d) München
8. Mai 2023
10. Jänner 2024
As the asset manager of Munich Re and ERGO, MEAG makes a significant contribution to Munich Re Group’s success. Our staff brings together excellent know-how in all the relevant asset classes and is the driving force behind our success as one of the Europe’s top asset managers. We are an unbeatable team – MEAG - All assets. One team.
We are searching for a motivated colleague to join the new Center of Competence for Stewardship, which will be part of MEAG’s ESG & Sustainable Finance division. The Stewardship experts will work alongside our Sustainable Finance Experts to integrate and expand active ownership strategies into our investment processes.
Stewardship is one of MEAG’s tools for active ownership and thus in taking our fiduciary duty of acting in the long-term interest of asset owners and ensuring sustainable returns. The Stewardship Experts will centrally manage proxy voting and engagement activities across all asset classes and steer engagements to improve investee’s ESG performance. We aim to build a Center of Competence for Stewardship that contributes to MEAG’s ESG strategy to manage sustainability related risks and generate a positive impact. Conducting regular engagements with our investee companies as well as the collaboration in global initiatives will constitute a major pillar of the stewardship approach.
- Research and Analysis to create an in-house assessment on sustainability-related controversies
- Engage investee companies on their ESG performance
- Contribute to sector guidelines on ESG best-practices
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support the company-wide execution of ESG project objectives
- Stay up to date with emerging trends, regulations and best practices in the field of ESG to continuously improve project delivery
- Create proxy voting proposals based on individual stewardship assessments
- Advise internal & external clients on stewardship activities & target setting
Profil / Ihre Qualifikation / Ihre Persönlichkeit:
- At least three years of experience in ESG strategy and/or topics, investment management, research, risk management or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Environmental or Sustainability Sciences, Engineering, Economics Business Administration or equivalent.
- ESG Expertise in particular for ESG implementation within the industrial sector
- Experience in using MSCI ESG Manager and ISS Data Desk (Bloomberg and PowerBI would be an advantage)
- Ability to work with different functional groups and multiple stakeholders to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Team player that likes working in an interdisciplinary environment and shares our ESG mission, vision and values
If you are passionate about challenging investees’ sustainability strategies and advocating for positive ESG progress based on your own analysis, we would be happy to have you on board.
Das erwartet Sie
MEAG stands not only for a partnership-based relationship with customers, but also for fair treatment of applicants and employees. Regardless of gender. Severely handicapped applicants will be given preferential consideration if their aptitude is otherwise essentially the same.
You can expect a challenging field of activity where you can work autonomously. We give you the freedom to contribute your own ideas on how you want to shape your career and we foster your personal development with additional training measures. At MEAG you will find a close-knit group of colleagues who value openness, respect, and teamwork. In addition to a modern workplace in Munich’s Schwabing district, you will also benefit from attractive remuneration.
Bring your assets with you and make our team even stronger - opt for a secure future with attractive career prospects and an international orientation!
We look forward to receiving your online application with CV-references and academic certificates via the golden "Jetzt Bewerben!" (Apply now) button.Diese Anzeige auf LinkedIn teilen →
Am Münchner Tor 1, D‑80805 München